Ballantine's was founded in 1827 when a farmer named George Ballantine opened a small store in Edinburgh and started to supply a wide range of whiskies to distinguished clients.
In 1865 the business was passed to his oldest son Archibald who opened an even larger store in Glasgow. He started to create and perfect his own blends of whisky, and his client base expanded to include members of the British Royal Family.
With the help of his second son George Junior, George Ballantine and Son, LTD, was established and the family started to export whisky.
In 1937 the business received a heraldic shield proclaiming that it had "Joined the English Nobility". This heraldic shield is now featured on every Ballantine's bottle.
Size: 3 Litres
Alcohol Content: 40%Vol.